Sunday 4 July 2010

Vulcan 607 by Rowland White

I know that I have written about this particular book - Vulcan 607 previously, but a chance conversation last month brought back to me just how special this book is. For anyone not familiar with the story, this book details the Vulcan Bomber attacks on the Falkland, the background, the build up and the actual operation, even writing this post - the hairs are standing up on the back of my neck. A bit like an article in The Eagle Comic or Commando, mixed with true life drama and typical British 'stiff-upper lip'.

It is a book I have no hesitations in recommending one that will 'blow your socks off'.

Jeremy Clarkson's comment - "I more than enjoyed it, it could have been written specially for me." Is one that I would mirror. 10 out of 10. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

A fuller review can be found here;

No comments: