Sunday 3 July 2011

40mm Skeleton Work-in-Progress part two

On to the painting proper.

Once the grey basecoat has fully set, I started on the main bone colour. I painted the whole miniature with a very old pot of Games Workshop Bubonic Brown leaving some grey to show through in the shadows. To get an even finish, I used two watered down coats rather than one thick coat and a large soft acrylic brush.

My next or first highlight was Legionnaire Flesh from the now defunct company Warzone. I highlighted most of the main skeleton with a fine pointed GW brush allowing a great deal of Bubonic Brown to show through.

The second highlight is Legionnaire Flesh and Vallejo Dead White (25/75 split) highlighting just the upper and exposed bones. I have used a fine pointed GW brush. Before this photo was taken I have used a third highlight - this time pure Dead White to define the skull, pin-highlight details like the knee-bones and the hands.

In part three I will show how I have 'washed' this skeleton.

Tony

1 comment:

Mike Bunkermeister Creek said...

Wonderful progression on the skeleton. Great paint job.


Mike "Bunkermeister" Creek
bunkermeister.blogspot.com