Friday 15 February 2013

S.P.Q.ORC - Pax Bochemannica - Maveryc Games



There are lots of rumors and hearsay that Maveryc Games have closed, see here and here.

I have spoken to or e-mailed a number of fellow enthusiasts and Bloggers for any information, but so far nothing clear.

I was lucky enough to be involved in the initial game testing and have painted up some sample miniatures on this Blog. (see Pax Bochemannica Label) In addition I have built some themed gaming terrain and even written articles and scenarios for the game. I have no idea what will now happen with these articles or scenarios.

My own Pax Bochemannica boxed set is sitting (very patiently) on my to-do shelf, waiting for me to base and paint the 20 limited edition miniatures. But this news is very sad - if true.

I will post details either here or on the two links detailed above once I have any meaningful information.

Good luck and Best Wishes to all concerned.

Tony

2 comments:

M. C. Monkey-Dew said...

Tony,

Thank you for following up on this. It is certainly upsetting that the things happened so quickly.

Most of all hope everyone involved is OK.

DadExtraordinaire said...

Why do you hope everyone is ok? Has a 747 landed on them? I think not. I suspect like so many things in the hobby, the business model and plan was kaput before they had started, with unrealistic expectations of market forces, wages and expenses. Typical stuff of any start-up founded on wishful thinking and not enough solid foundation. This is not the first enterprise to have failed after launch, many kickstarters will be going the same way....Oh, and (juts in case not a 747 but maybe illness) if it is through ill health I do sincerely hope they recover.

Thanks Dampf for the heads up!