Wednesday 8 July 2015

Slaughterloo Monument - part four



After I had varnished the model, I added some scatter material over uPVA glue. I have also superglued a couple of pieces of ground foam and static grass tufts to add decoration.

In the first image, you can see that I have added some bills to the side of the monument. These are either small rectangles of paper or wine labels cut from the Waitrose Wines and Spirits guide (I use this free booklet as my paint palette but as you see it has 'other' uses). These are applied with uPVA glue and then Matt varnished.


The final image shows the monument alongside a 28mm Flintloque RifleOrc.


The 200th Anniversary Monument from Alternative Armies is a great piece of themed terrain, I think my larger base adds something to the model and painting it in lighter colours makes it stand out.

Tony

No comments: