Thursday 28 April 2016

Ma.K Hover Tank - part 24



At the start of this build, I wasn't thinking - "What Scale Shall I Build This Model?" I was looking to produce a scratch-built Ma.K tank, very much in the style that you can find on the internet, the construction moved ahead quickly using bits and pieces I had in my spares box. I knew that the scale would be between 28mm (1/56th) to 40mm (1/43rd), but I had no firm idea as to what exactly this scale would be.

As the build continued, I bought three plastic DUST models 30mm (1/56th) from e-bay but once they came it was obvious that they were going to be too small. I did however use parts from these figures to add detail to the tank. I then put out a plea for a 1/48th scale WW2 German pilot and was answered with two free plastic kit figures all the way from America - thank you Phil.

In the first image, you can see the nearly completed tank and both a 40mm Graven Images German soldier and a 1/48th scale Tamiya Tanker standing in front.

While in image two, we have a highly modified 1/48th scale plastic Revell soldier in the turret and a 40mm Graven Images German tanker standing alongside.

I think the Revell soldier looks too small and I have replaced him with a cut-down and modified Graven Images tanker.


Finally, after some considerable time I have decided - I will use the 40mm Graven Images figure as the Tank Commander or Hover Tank Pilot.

I have also added some additional view ports to the turret ring. "See Fram, I do listen to your comments!"


I think the construction and painting is now nearly complete and would expect the next post to be the last - that is unless I build a diorama to display the tank on!

Tony

1 comment:

peter said...

the last figure fits best indeed! Great painted figure BTW!

Greetings
Peter